Once our all-hands meeting, we started in April 2023 with an asynchronous format. For us, this has the following advantages:
- Watch it, whenever you have time to
- Watch it at your speed and take brakes whenever you like
- Communicate information, even if you can't make it to this one appointment a month
- Higher density of information due to skipping some of the "shared presentation video call awkwardness"
The Assembly consists mainly of these parts:
- Thomann GmbH company information
- Updates from product, data, and tech (i.e. what does not fit their review sessions)
- Thomann.io organization updates (i.e. newbies, leavers, communities, badges, events)
The Assembly (video & slides) is posted to #announcements in the second week of the month. If there are questions to any of the Assembly's topics, there are two ways to ask:
- Use the post's thread. An answer will be provided there.
- Join the Assembly Q&A session, Thursdays after the video is posted and ask there. Questions and answers will be documented in the post's thread.
Important: watching the Assembly is mandatory because it contains relevant information for every team member. Watch the Assembly in the month it has been published.
In #announcements you find all previous Assemblies bookmarked as well.